SMALL STEPS OF FAITH, WHERE WILL THEY LEAD?
Only God knows!
We, my hubby and I, are on a journey towards eternity. By the way, so are you.
As my granny used to say, "God willing and the creek don't rise" we are headed to China
on a mission trip. How on earth did this happen? You see, Dave and I, are most unlikely to be called saints by anyone other than God. We are probably the very least in the family of God.The world would say we live a simple live and they would be right on target. We are simple people, living a simple life, sooooooooooo how did this start? It's simple, small steps of faith....in a great big God.
Some may say we are starting to cram for the final exam, before eternity. And they may be right. I have no doubt we will pass the exam on judgement day. Not because of anything we have ever done, or ever could do, but because of what Christ did for us. But, I am concerned about those bonus points. Have I done all I can do to bring others to heaven with me? The simple truth is No I haven't. As my granny never said," we all have excuses, ...".
WHY GO ???
#1-God commands us to go. Matt.28:19
#2- Our pastor suggest everyone go on a mission trip at least once.
#3-Our hearts desire is to go.( My secret dream is to hear Jesus say "Well done, good and faithful servant")
WHY CHINA???
#1- It's available to us. We have confidence in the leaders of our church. One of our pastors is leading the group. Sounds safe, that's simple.
#2-We are able physically to accomplish this trip. The simple truth is, it will be a challenge physically for my hubby. But, he really wants to go and is working hard to accomplish this goal..You see, he is 72y/o and has multiple serious chronic health problems. I on the other hand, am just a spring chick @ 62 y/o and occasionally whine very loudly about my back pain. God forgive me, but I do whine!
#3-We admire the Asian culture. Hey, they respect age! It's a positive bias, thank you very much!
WILL WE SUCCESS? ONLY GOD KNOWS!
We invite you to follow our journey from Conway to China. We will share the steps we take along the way as we simply try to obey. You are also invited to join our support team. Details to follow.
Your right you are no spring chicken (couldn't resist)and as much as I want to worry, I will not for I know everything is possible for our God, Jesus Christ! I am very proud of you and like my mother always said "Better late then never"!
ReplyDelete