Just one more simple story of a simple woman that God loved.
Yes, I believe He chooses us long before we choose Him.
He loved me even when I was quite unlovable.
When I was a timid, scared little girl; He loved me.
When I was an angry, and resentful teenager; He still loved me.
When I no longer believed he existed; He still loved me.
When I didn't love myself, and when it wasn't easy
for others to love me, He never stopped loving me.
I thought I was in control of my life, making all my own decisions,
trusting only a few select people. I was quick to judge others when I had not walked in thier shoes.
I was full of pride, full of myself really. Not a very pretty picture. I was glad not to be like others, in my mind they were what we used to call " goody 2 shoes". Another way of saying anyone serving God appeared to be a hypocrite in my judgemental eyes. Even those helping me, I could find faults in them. God in his mercy never stopped calling me. And finally when I ran into somthing I couldn't control it began to turn me to Him.
Just a little background on me. I quit school the first time, when I was 13y/o. Of course, that is not legal, so I lied and said I was 16y/o. Now it's legal. I actually started adult education classes at night while I worked during the day. Thought I was so smart, taking a short cut. Today, with computers I doubt that would be possible. But for a time, I was a waitress, not a good one, but I waited tables. My first job. My next job was helping out in my grandmother's Donut Shop. Ate all the donuts I wanted and wieghed less than 100lbs. Who says donuts are fattening? Just ain't so!
Anyway, the next thing I know I'm 16y/o and getting married. Again, I lied and said I was 18 y/o.
Being a wife and a mother was my only dream back then. Well, becoming a wife was alot easier than becoming a mother. My heart was broken, when year after year I was unable to concieve or carry a baby. We attempted to adopt. Again we met with failure, we were the youngest couple to ever apply for adoption in NH. When there were so many unwanted, uncared for children, it just wasn't fair.
Well, after 7 yrs. and many disappointments my son was born. My first miracle, to be followed a few yrs later by a second miracle, my daughter. I have never been closer to God, or more grateful than when I first realized God really did love me. He blessed me with these children. And as much as I loved my children, God loved me more. God is love. He began to heal me. I publicly gave my heart and my life to God when I accepted His son, Jesus. I was baptized as a young mother and began a walk with Jesus. Sad to say, but I have not always been an obedient child of God, any more than I was an obedient child in this world. But, I can tell anyone, God can only bless you when you are walking in faith and obedience. Nothing can ever take the place of God's blessings. This simple woman's story is still being written. At this point in my life, I am seeking more of God. He is the author of my faith. I am grateful for all the undeserved blessings, but I am more grateful that He is able to love the unloveable, including me.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWOW!!!Now that is sharing from your heart. It is never easy to open up and start sharing our real life story(the good, the bad and the ugly) but we are all sinners and can relate with the truth in life. You have lots of experiances and wisdom behind you so don't be scared to share. I love you and keep up the blogging.
ReplyDelete