Going to China!
The world we live in would mostly likely say, are they crazy?
Who do they think they are?
What makes them think they are needed?
God says, He makes foolish the wisdom of the world.
His Holy Word says, trust Him. Lean not unto your own understanding
but acknowledge Him in all that you do.
He chooses the simple things of the world to confuse the wise.
God knows we are simple. He knows every hair on our heads.
How can he not know of our needs? His promises are still true today.
I promised myself to share the stumbles as well as the steps
we take during the next few wks. Our plan is to go to China in July of this yr.
If it is really God's plan, it will happen. The true point of a short mission trip is change.
Changes in our hearts. If we are open to the Holy Spirit, we can trust where He is leading us.
Of course, I have been led places before that I would never have agreed to go.
Places called failures. But, even there, God has been teaching me. I am His masterpiece, how awesome is that? Beyond my imagination, that He loves me that much, to spend so much time correcting and improving me. I am definitely a work in progress, but I know the end result.
Thus far, I'm amazed at all the details to complete and how fast the wks are passing.
I don't want to forget to share how blessed we have been financially. I tend to trust God easier with my money than with my pride. It's still a daily battle not to give in to prideful thinking.
But back to blessing. God is so good. One of the first steps of a mission trip , after making a decision, is to make a deposit of money for the trip. Because both Dave and I want to go, our deposit was $500.00. If you live in Conway, Ar., you may remember that recently all Faulkner County employees received a one time check for $500. That was announced just days after we paid our deposit. Oh, it may make more sense if you know I work for the Faulkner County Sheriff's Office. We didn't have clue that was coming! Thank you Lord.
On the side of stumbles, my greatest fears are being tested. The love of my life, my soul-mate has been doing quite well for the last few yrs. Last wk out of the blue, he is being sent for a renal arteriogram. My first reaction was not faith, but Lord I can't face this again. God has spared Dave's life more than once. Dave is still doing quite well, this is just to check for possible blockage and stint if necessary. His B/P as been up a little . He is being fine tuned for our trip. God does not give us a spirit of fear, and I refuse to stay there.
My computer bit the dust. The file with all our pictures, on Dave's laptop, is not opening for anything at this point. So it's impossible for me to give you pictures today. They will come in the future.
I have an appt for my vaccinations. Dave has already taken his. I have my passport application filled out, but I need pictures taken before I send it in. Dave has already sent his. And he's the real procrastinator in our family. He's usually the pro at procrastination.
On the positive side, I have started a blog! May this encourage others to step out, if grandma and gramps can do missions, so can you. With love I can reassure you, God never ask you to go without providing a way.
No comments:
Post a Comment