Sunday, March 27, 2011

JUST A DREAM

There was a time when God spoke to me in a dream.
 One of those dreams that are so real, it's hard to believe you are not living it.
 In this dream I was in the boat with many others and it was a dark night with waves crashing.
 I saw Jesus walking on the water and he held out his arms, for us to come to Him.
I looked in His face, or more accurately, I looked into His eyes.
And,  what I experienced , is hard to put into words.
 The Light coming out of His eyes was total power, Holy love.
 Just grazing into that light, I had no doubts, He filled me with love, erasing every fearful thought or doubt I had ever experienced.
 I remember thinking, He will hold us up, that power will keep anything from harming us.
I remember thinking Peter don't you feel it, don't you know, we can walk on water too.
 He will bring us to Him. Then in my eagerness to go out on the water to Jesus, I put my hands on the rail to step over the side of the boat and looked down to see where to place my feet.
I looked down and froze in total fear.
 I knew Jesus was still there, but I could only see the deep, dark waves.
I was paralyzed with fear. I couldn't move at all.
 Just a moment before, I had been feeling a bit superior.
 I knew and for a moment saw Jesus, and in that moment I had no understanding of anyone hesitating or doubting.
I had no empathy at all.
I had been blessed and failed to share that blessing.
You can only keep what you are willing to give away.
I wanted to be closer to Jesus. I acted as though it was me who was responsible for that love, that power that was going to perform miracles.
 I wasn't concerned about anyone else in the boat. 
Just one second with my eyes off Jesus, and I couldn't move.

1 comment:

  1. FYI We recieved our state income tax refund from last yr., 2 days ago. Just in time to help with our next deposit for the mission trip. When I was praying about it, I think Jesus was saying, "why are you asking me for what I have already given you?" It's very hard to argue with that. Thank You, Jesus!

    ReplyDelete